Five Reasons to Attend the GovConnections™ Mixer and Book Signing Thursday in Tysons!
Monday, November 12, 2012
GovConnections™ is after-hours business networking for Government Contractors hosted by Carr Workplaces and The American Small Business Coalition and is a great opportunity to build market intelligence, develop teaming relationships and discover complementary business resources to enhance how you identify and pursue business opportunities in the government sector.
Here are five reasons why you should be at Carr Workplaces-Tysons Boulevard this Thursday at 5PM:
- In a recent Washington Technology article by immixGroup co-founder Steve Charles, he states, "We found many IT initiatives with greater spending ceilings in 2013 than in 2012"
- The same article cites USDA spending rising from $11.0 million to more than $14 million for the Enterprise Information System, a data warehousing and decision-support project.
- DoD is asking for a $260 million dollar increase for NGEN and looks to double the budget for Navy CANES.
- Meet and speak to Steve Charles and Dave Perera of FierceGovernmentIT, co-authors of "The Inside Guide to the Federal IT Market"
- Appetizers, beer, wine and great networking thanks to our sponsors Management Concepts Press and Deltek!
Networking and a Book Signing for Federal IT Companies
November features a special edition of GovConnections™ as we host authors and industry leaders Dave Perera and Steve Charles for a review and signing of their new book:
The Inside Guide to the Federal IT Market penetrates the haze of jargon and apparent complexity to reveal the inner workings of the IT contracting process. Whether you’re just setting out or seek a bigger share, this comprehensive book provides valuable information you can put to immediate use. The Inside Guide to the Federal IT Market covers:
- Technology standards
- Basic contracting concepts
- Advanced contracting concepts, such as getting on and staying on the GSA schedules
- The effect of the federal budget process on the sales cycle
- What you need to know about ethics to earn business fairly, without avoidable delays and hassle
About the Authors:
David Perera is executive editor at FierceMarkets Government Group, publishing in the areas of government IT and security. He has written widely on IT and IT procurement issues and his work has appeared in both U.S. and international publications.
Steve Charles is co-founder and executive vice president of immixGroup, which helps technology companies do business with the government and provides federal agencies reliable access to leading commercial technologies. He previously served as vice president of contract management with Selbre & Associates.
Attendees can purchase a ticket and copy of the book during online registration.
(book pre-orders accepted until November 6th)
Click here to reserve your spot (and a copy of the book) today!
Registration includes complimentary beer, wine, soda, appetizers and two hour parking validation.
Early bird online pregistration is $15 until midnight ET on November 11th. Online/onsite registration is $25 (as space is available).
Click here to review our Terms and Conditions.