Important Dates for CIBOOT1016
Workshop Start Date: October 3, 2016
Workshop Finish Date: December 1, 2016
Registration Deadline: September 30, 2016
In-Person Lab: November 29, 2016 8:30AM to 12:30PM ET (Chevy Chase, MD)
Virtual Lab: December 1, 2016 1:00PM to 5:00PM ET (Video Chat)
Overview and Background
Competitive Intelligence Bootcamp for Government Contractors™ is a high-energy immersion into the facts, benefits, misunderstandings and mysteries of developing knowledge and relationships to identify and win federal contracts and subcontracts. It's graciously described as the '... blocking and tackling of gathering intelligence on federal contract pursuits!' by neophytes and industry veterans alike. Participants say the tactics, tools and resources discussed and demonstrated are 'informative, practical and relevant...' to the needs and challenges of small, medium and large companies pursuing direct and teaming opportunities.
When it comes to finding, qualifying and pursuing opportunities in support of civilian, defense and intelligence agency requirements, having, understanding and using data, information and relationships is a must-have capability.
In order to achieve success, organization's need to know:
- what questions to ask when assessing the marketplace, developing a strategy and executing that strategy;
- what information is needed;
- where to get information;
- how to validate the accuracy, relevance and timeliness of the information, and;
- how to use the information to be most prepared for threats and opportunities.
For many, part of the challenge is the overabundance of useful and not-so-useful, free and fee-based sources of data and information. Compounding this is the fact not one of these sources on its own will facilitate the requisite knowledge and confidence needed to submit a truly competitive offer in response to an agency solicitation or teaming partner data call. This is where the rubber meets the road in 'connecting the dots.'
Competitive Intelligence Bootcamp for Government Contractors™ is the evolution of decades of experience and knowledge founded in failures and successes from industry veterans currently and formerly on the front lines of federal sector marketing, business development, capture and proposal management.
Here's what's being said about this program:
"If you think you know everything there is to know about information gathering on federal pursuits,
Guy will surprise you with useful information!
I can't speak highly enough about what I saw and heard this morning."
- Joshua Rubin, Sr. Vice President Business Development, Sevatec
"My team and I LOVED the Competitive Intelligence Bootcamp™ LITE training that we got from Guy Timberlake. I learned many new tips and tricks and feel like I have a leg up on the competition.
I HIGHLY recommend this as a "must do" training."
- Kristen Vanderbush, Capture Manager, All Native Group
Each Competitive Intelligence Bootcamp provides participants with many opportunities to acquire and enhance their knowledge, skills and confidence through:
- defining and discussing competitive intelligence as an activity and product
- introduction and review of common and uncommon tactics, tools and resources for connecting the dots
- identifying information needs throughout opportunity development and mapping sources to specific needs
- exploring what questions genuinely matter in the course of identifying and pursuing targets
- opportunities to validate the usefulness of information from specific resources (attendee selection)
- real-world exercises to reinforce relevance of selected resources
- instructor assistance with cultivating and exploiting information unique to participant's organization
- demonstrating efficient ways to capture and use information in strategy development, marketing, business development and capture
- substantive discussions to develop and expand context of terminology prominent in federal acquisition and procurement
- exploring the use of opportunity pipeline processes and tools
- discussing related organizational workflow and outcomes (current vs desired)
- assistance with selecting and completing a workshop project based on a participant-designated learning objective
- and more.
Workshop Duration and Format
This program is delivered as a blended learning workshop combining up 2 hours of self-paced and 1.0 to 1.5 hours of instructor-led activities each week that are facilitated online and in-person (based on location of participants) to accommodate different learning styles and experience levels. Each workshop is structured so each participant can select a purely virtual learning experience, or one that blends online and in-person lab sessions. Segments available in a traditional classroom setting are hosted in the District of Columbia, Central Maryland and Northern Virginia.
The current duration of regularly scheduled public sessions is nine (9) weeks. The structure of each CI Bootcamp is based on a standardized agenda available for viewing here.
Each workshop is followed by thirty (30) days of CI Essentials™ online support, exclusively for session participants.
Who Should Attend?
Industry executives and professionals responsible for the planning and/or execution of marketing, business development and capture activities for small, medium and large business concerns pursuing contracting and subcontracting opportunities with civilian, defense and intelligence agencies of the U.S. Government.
Each registration for this workshop provides access to content and resources for one (1) individual named during the registration process. Registrations are non-transferable and no refunds are available on or after the workshop start date. Click here to review our other Event Registration/Refund Policies. Pre-registration is required.
Pre-Registration Fees (Pre-Registration is Required)
The American Small Business Coalition Members
- CORE™ Small Business and GovCon Wingman™ Members - $995
- Individual, Associate/Corporate Members - $1395
The Competitive Intelligence Community Members
- Individual Members - $1295
- Associate Members - $1395
General Public/Not Yet Members - $1595