About This Presentation
Guy Timberlake of The American Small Business Coalition leverages his nearly thirty years of experience and expertise to provide current and prospective small federal contractors with substantive facts and practical tips they can use to fuel their growth. The goal of this session is helping participants understand this type of purchasing and sharing insights to assist them with identifying streamlined procurement opportunities with civilian, defense and intelligence agencies of the federal government.
During Fiscal Year 2015, Simplified Acquisitions:
- were leveraged by sixty-one department-level contracting agencies last fiscal year;
- accounted for a record-setting $20 billion in goods and services spending in FY2015;
- are generally reserved for small business concerns;
- have realized an average spending increase of one billion per fiscal year since FY2009;
- saw 70% of the dollars awarded to standalone contracts versus established contract vehicles.
Interested but still need a little nudge? The following 5 reasons did not make the 'Top 15' list, but we think they're really good one's too!
These resulted from agencies making buys using Simplified Acquisition Procedures during FY2015:
- Nearly 6,800 small business concerns split $9 billion of the $20 billion Simplified Acquisition spend in FY2015 - an average of $1,344,916 per company;
- Over 1,000 NAICS Codes and more than 2,000 Product and Service Codes were referenced;
- 103 of the small businesses making the list netted $10 million or more in obligations;
- There were 1,896 small businesses who netted between $1 million and $10 million via these mostly competitive purchases;
- Making the cut with at least $250,000 in obligations but less than $1 million were 4,787 small businesses.
Participants receive a copy of the presentation slides (via PDF download). Other than that, our usual policies apply to this event. We look forward to seeing you!