The Federal Procurement Data System Next Generation is the single most robust source of publicly accessible data and information about historical federal agency contracting activity, free or fee-based.
Knowing why you need it and how to access it is key to the development and execution of a federal sector strategy. In short, the data and information found in this system and other public, freely accessible systems that present repurposed FPDS-NG data, can have a positive impact on daily decision-making related to finding and winning government contracts and subcontracts.
FPDS-NG ezSearch for BD, Capture and Marketing - Summary
This workshop provides government contracting executives and professionals an introduction to and practical understanding of the ezSearch query and reporting functions of the Federal Procurement Data System - Next Generation (FPDS-NG). Participants are provided access to expertise, insights and resources they can use to attain the confidence, skills and knowledge to exploit FPDS-NG and Microsoft Excel in the practical application of making decisions related to marketing, business development, capture and bid proposal activities in government contracting.
For many companies, small and large, FPDS-NG is an unknown. Most don't know how many free and fee-based systems use this as a primary source of core data, most are not aware more data is available in FPDS-NG than is captured by other systems through the available APIs, and most have no idea how timely the information in FPDS-NG can be as opposed to other systems which extract data from it.
For these and many other reasons, participants receive substantive answers to the following questions:
- Who Reports to FPDS-NG?
- What Information is in FPDS-NG?
- How Often is it Updated?
- What is the ezSearch?
- What Information is in the ezSearch Initial Results?
- What is a Contract Action Report?
- How do I Read and Use the CAR?
- Can I Filter ezSearch Results?
- Can I Export Using the ezSearch?
- Can I Identify Customers in FPDS-NG
- Can I Identify Buyers in FPDS-NG?
- How Can I Use this Information for Marketing?
- How Can I Use this Information for Business Development?
- How Can I Use this Information During Capture Activities?
- How Can I Use this Information During Proposal Development?
- How Often Do I Need to Access FPDS-NG?
- and More!
During the workshop, attendees will participate in exercises based on their company information resulting in cultivated information being relevant to specific activities of participating companies.
Workshop Agenda (FPDSEZ216 runs February 1st through February 25th)
During this interactive learning program, participants will develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to lead their organizations to an understanding of how the Federal Procurement Data System can increase their company's situational awareness and contribute to more effective and efficient achievement of company growth objectives.
The format of this four week session is as follows:
- Weeks 1 and 2 - self-paced learning via foundation-building video
- Week 2 - optional Q&A webinar, self-paced (optional) exercises and collection of recommended articles and video tutorials
- Week 3 - optional Q&A webinar, self-paced (optional) exercises and collection of recommended articles and video tutorials
- Week 4 - instructor-led application of course content during in-person or virtual lab.
More descriptive information about agenda activities available to all participants follows:
- Workshop Orientation and Kickoff - an informative video providing an overview of the program and a virtual tour of the class portal and how to access resources to ensure a positive and productive experience.
- Introduction to the Federal Procurement Data System - two-hour comprehensive video presentation discussing use of FPDS by government, what information it contains, terminology (not just the data dictionary stuff!), feature demonstrations and much more!
- Recommended Reading and Viewing - in addition to required content we've provided a host of articles and videos to help further build your understanding of FPDS, using the information in marketing, business development, capture and submitting responses to RFQs and RFPs.
- Exercises - self-paced opportunities for participants to leverage what they've learned to-date.
- Q&A Webinars - during the workshop we'll host multiple open forums to discuss what's transpired to ensure participants are developing knowledge, not just information. This is over and above the Q&A discussion forums available in the class portal.
Hosted at 2:00PM ET February 12, 2016 and 2:00PM ET February 18, 2016
- In-Person or Virtual Lab - each workshop provides an option for an in-person or virtual half-day lab. These are hands-on opportunities for participants to apply workshop tactics, tools and resources in a real-world scenario, by bringing actual information needs from their companies and prosecuting those needs with assistance!
Virtual Lab: 1:00PM ET February 24, 2016
In-Person Lab: 8:30AM ET February 25, 2016 McLean, VA
- FPDS-NG Reachback Forum - DoD defines 'reachback' as 'the process of obtaining products, services, applications, forces, equipment or material from organizations that are not forward deployed. (JP 3-30)' While we can't send forces or equipment to participants in the trenches of growing their companies, they can certainly reachback to their class portal to reference valuable discussions and content, as well as a special post-workshop discussion forum available for 180 days from the close date of the workshop.
Each registration for this workshop provides access to content and resources for one (1) individual named during the registration process. Registrations are non-transferable and no refunds are available on or after the workshop start date. Click here to review our other Event Registration/Refund Policies. Pre-registration is required. Registration closes during Week Two of the program.
Registration Fees (Pre-Registration Required)
CORE™ Small Business and GovCon Wingman™ Members - $395
Individual, Associate/Corporate Members - $495
Not Yet Members - $695