Not having the information you need when you need it leaves you wanting.
Not knowing where to look for that information leaves you powerless.
Not having a plan to manage that information leaves you on the sideline.
In federal contracting, where information is king,
can you afford to invest time and money to be a spectator?
- Guy Timberlake, Ethical Stalking for Government Contractors™
(adapted from Lois Horowitz''A Writer's Guide to Research' 1986)
During this interactive and focused small group workshop, participants will learn and use the proven tactics, tools and resources of the 'Ethical Stalking for Government Contractors™' program and discover how to find and exploit accurate, relevant and timely competitive intelligence to support strategic decision-making for their companies.
What is Competitive Intelligence?
Competitive intelligence is the result of defining, gathering, analyzing, and distributing information about offerings, customers, competitors and related environmental factors so a company can understand and learn what's happening in their marketplace, at the earliest opportunity. It's bona fide situational awareness to keep organizations as informed and competitive as possible.
What is the Competitive Intelligence Cycle for Government Contractors?
CICGov™ is a system government contractors can use to implement or enhance information collection, analysis and distribution efforts based on the fundamentals of competitive intelligence. It shows 'how to start' and 'how to execute' a purposeful and sustained information and intelligence activity so companies have customer, competitor, marketplace and opportunity-related information readily available. Leveraging the CICGov™ system helps company's maintain situational awareness, saving them time and money.
The system and this program are the result of decades of experience, dispensed advice, and the successes realized by alumni of our Ethical Stalking for Government Contractors™ and The Complete FPDS-NG Workshop! programs.
Registration for this program includes participation in workshop and three one-hour web-based Q&A group sessions (scheduled 30/60/90 days after workshop concludes). Each workshop is limited to five (5) attendees. Please bring your laptop or tablet computer to the workshop. Wi-Fi access will be provided.
By attending this workshop you will:
- participate in interactive discussion about the background and need for market research and competitive intelligence;
- be presented new ways of looking at and using government contracting-specific open source tools and resources and non-government tools including social media sites;
- participate in hands-on training of the Federal Procurement Data System-Next Generation;
- be presented a process for executing government contracting-specific competitive intelligence;
- participate in real-world, hands-on use of the CICGov™ system;
- receive assistance with prosecuting specific CI tasks based on your company's goals;
- be shown steps to follow in developing or modifying your current competitive intelligence efforts, and;
- have the opportunity to participate in three web-based follow-on Q&A sessions to assist you with your CI activities.
- After registration, submit the CICGov™ Checklist
- Laptop or tablet computer with wi-fi capability
$1195/CORE and Wingman; $1395/Associate and Individual; $1595/Not Yet Members
Participation is limited to five (5) attendees. The ASBC Events Policy is in effect. Onsite registration not available. Breakfast and lunch are provided.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Registration for this event closes at 5pm ET on Friday, April 3, 2015