Tuesday, January 6, 2009
From 8:00am to 9:30am
1616 Anderson Road
Third Floor Conference Center
McLean, Virginia 22102
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
The American Small Business Coalition has formed a Toastmasters Club!
us on the first and third Tuesday mornings each month to
hear as Members give their first speeches and learn how
Toastmasters can help them personally and professionally.
Anyone may visit our group and membership is open to all that would like to participate.
Recurring membership dues: $50.00 (semi-annual)
We are no longer accepting Charter Membership applications.
Click here to download the Membership Application and bring it with you to the meeting!
What is Toastmasters?
From a humble beginning in 1924 at the YMCA in Santa Ana, California,
Toastmasters International has grown to become a world leader in
helping people become more competent and comfortable in front of an
audience. The nonprofit organization now has nearly 235,000 members in 11,700 clubs in 92 countries, offering a proven – and enjoyable! – way to practice and hone communication and leadership skills.
Toastmasters meetings are comprised of approximately 20 people who meet
weekly for an hour or two. Participants practice and learn skills by
filling a meeting role, ranging from giving a prepared speech or an
impromptu one to serving as timer, evaluator or grammarian.
is no instructor; instead, each speech and meeting is critiqued by a
member in a positive manner, focusing on what was done right and what
could be improved.
- Learn to communicate more effectively
- Become a better listener.
- Improve your presentation skills
- Increase your leadership potential
- Become more successful in your career
- Build your ability to motivate and persuade
- Reach your professional and personal goals
- Increase your self confidence.
How you do it. . .
- Build speaking and leadership skills with time-tested
- Focus on areas of interest in our self-paced curriculum
- Receive suggestions for improvement through constructive evaluations
Toastmasters programs are . . .
ASBC Toastmasters, LLC will operate as a not for profit 501(c)3 organization.